View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 883sportster View Post
My wife and I have been looking around for a SUV with a 6 speed manual plus sunroof. I just found a 2006 X3 manual with 66k on it for a decent price (17k).

We plan to go look at it this Saturday if it's still at the dealership (not a BMW dealer). I searched on the forum and have a few questions.

To try and avoid the sun roof problem what should I look for? How can I tell if the tracks have already been replaced.

When test driving it, is there anything specific we should really pay attention to, things that unless your looking for might not be noticed right away?

I've read suggestions to take the VIN to a local BMW dealer ship and ask them to run the service history on it. Has anyone done this? Are the dealerships cool with doing that sort of thing?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
On my 2006 X3( knock on wood), the only things that I had to do at 60,000+ miles was new front brakes and rotors and new belts and 2 windshield washer motors. My advise to you no matter what used vehicle you want to purchase is get a PRE Purchase Inspection. Some Indy shops offer this free. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats