View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
I like the fact I will continue to get a loaner car which has been a very handy feature.
Do they not continue to give you loaners even if you are paying for repairs and service? My neighbor is well out of warranty with his 330i but the dealer he uses still always gives him loaners. Heck Mercedes dealership will give me a free loaner if I take in my old MBZ in for any service.

From what I noticed most people get quoted higher prices for these plans when they ask their servicing dealership about the plans. I think it is because they feel they are in a position where their customer is not price shopping. At the end of the day though you could buy that warranty from a BMW dealership in Alaska via a phone conversation and it still is the exact same warranty you'd buy from a dealership in Miami. So it all comes down to who will sell it for the least amount of money.

BTW here is the recent post I was talking about***********:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=20

Quote:
just to update with current pricing just picked up the gold 6/100 ext warranty for 2340.00 so much for the price never going down
He then said here where he got it:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=22

Quote:
Garlyn Shelton BMW in college station
I realize you probably were quoted a slightly different warranty than him but we are talking an almost $1k difference in cost and I bet anything if you call up that BMW dealership in College Station to find out the cost of the exact same warranty that you will be quoted a lower price from them v. your servicing dealership. If you decide to call them though I'd contact KarlB to find out who he dealt with there so you deal with the same person.