View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
A close friend of mine indicated to me the best time to buy a new car or even CPO is the week after Christmas
He said they sell the most cas that week the entire year!
He said dealerships are "willing" to take losses on cars just to get them out the door before the new year as its gets down to the wire.
in order to meet an incentive to receive extra cars for the following year

Get them of the lot were his words he told his team!

for example... if a dealership reaches this amount sold in dec xxx = they will receive an extra xxx amount of cars added to there allocation for the following year

Ps my friend worked for lexus for 25 yrs as a sales manger and f&I manager

This is when im hoping to buy

ps if u are one of our astute members try not to bash me during ur response and possibly just added your opinion not personal attack

Thanks Rob
I think your sales manager is correct, but also we should consider that the best time to buy a Lexus usually is for their december to rememeber sales event. However considering that the logic is true, I would think December is on of the good times to buy a vehicle. Now what I don't know, would be whether historically, BMW always offered good deals to move their CPO stock during dec.

Also, Ive been meaning to ask, since ur interested in CPO, have you tried scouting possible lease returns with your specs. Yes, it's harder, but cheaper and you can take a BMW warranty on the vehicle similar to the CPO program?

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!