View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335xdrive (E90)
Part of the confusion is due to BMW changing their policy at one point, then changing back. They originally had the roughly 15,000 mile (computer determined) mileage limit, or 1 year, whichever comes first. Then they sent out some memo or bulletin (which i think was posted on here somewhere) saying they were dropping the free annual changes. They got so much flak that they changed back (presumably sending out an overriding second memo/notice), once again paying for annual changes. That would explain why some people said their dealers turned them away for an annual change.

The other part of the confusion is that some dealers apparent reset the "clock" after the free annual change, some do not. I have 23,000 miles and have only received the annual changes (drive about 6,000 miles/yr.). Obviously, they must have reset my indicator after my oil changes. Well, they must have at least once reset my indicator...maybe not every time.

It seems stupid to not reset, otherwise they could be changing the oil again in a couple thousand miles (as in Kat's case apparently)...which is truly a waste. I believe this is why they tried to eliminate the free annual changes.

Last edited by matts335; 10-04-2012 at 12:04 PM.