View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 00-540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilner View Post
As long as you are talking about how you feel. Not actual performance...
OK, you can read reviews from Edmund: http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/5-series/...dan#fullreview

"In Edmunds performance testing, a rear-drive automatic-equipped 550i went from zero to 60 in 5.2 seconds."
--- 540i got low 5s easily, you can also read previous reviews, sorry but the 550i is NOT faster than 540i, dude

"Handling has always been a hallmark of the BMW 5 Series, and although it's still a strong suit, the current model lacks the agility and communication of its predecessors. The steering transmits less feel, the larger dimensions make it feel bulky on tighter roads and there's just a general feel of isolation that didn't exist before. Our editors and BMW customers alike have lamented this change; however, the 5 Series' quieter cabin, more comfortable ride and lighter steering in parking lots may appeal more to the masses than before."

--- Nothing personal, if one did not drive the 540i M-Sport or just 6speed std. before, one does not really know what have been missing, to me, it is a clear "no" to jump into the current versions of 550i