I just got the car back, eight days later. The receipt says, in summary: CIC headunit shorted (1381) FC s010A media oriented system transport ring break stored, performed test plan etc., test plan stated to replace cic head unit diagcode D6510_HU00000_90_001 etc. Created PUMA case, explained etc. PUMA said to create a TX XASE, created TC Case, replaced CIC headunit, performed programming/encoding with enabling codes, after prog concluding work notes stated to interrogate fault memory, interrogated fault memory and cleared faults. Verified correct. etc.
All I was told was that the iDrive was replaced. I noticed my Sirius pre-sets were gone, my map points were gone, but my phone Bluetooth records were still paird and in the car. We'll see how it goes.