View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Probably but we are not most people on this site.The G37 was a car I considered when I leased my first E90 in 2007. It wasn't what I wanted in a car then and certainly isn't now. With gas at $4.00/gallon it's hard to justify the poor mileage of the G37 to start. The CC is much more of what I want in a car and it doesn't hurt that it's gorgeous. Way better looking than the 328, A4 or C series. No it's not in the same class but it's a lot of car for the money if you stick with the 2.0. The major drawback is the FWD,
Obviously styling is a personal preference but I think the CC is ugly as sin. It has too much of the bubble/swoop styling that was popular a few years ago but which now has gone by the wayside in higher end cars.

Also, if the torque steer of the FWD CC with the 2.0T is anything like the A4 2.0T I test drove, there's no way in hell I would get one. I really liked the A4 overall on my test drive (after all I've been driving A4s for like 11 years) but I would have opted for Quattro.

With options a CC is bumping into $40K territory and has worse residual value. On a lease, the 328 is really not much more expensive.