View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: '07 650i convertible
Apologies for the repost as I put this in another thread, but thought it might be useful here as well:

Taking the car in next week to have them take another (10th) crack at this.

But I noticed something.

When I got the error recently, I was driving and couldn't reach the boesman touch point. What I could reach was the sensor wire that runs along the frame ahead of the boesman area (i.e. closer to the driver seat). It was running along the frame toward the interior of the car. I tucked it up and over the frame so that it would run along the exterior of the car and the light went off. Each time the error has ocurred since, I have found that the wire has found its way back to laying on the interior side of the frame. I then push it back to the exterior and the light goes off.

Does this give anyone any ideas?

Is there a way to adjust the connection point of the sensor so that it can't work its way back over the frame, or some way to tighten it so it can't flop back over?

Can someone who has never had the error run their hand along the frame and tell us the location of their sensor wire (i.e. does it lie to the interior or exterior)?