View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Based on the numbers posted by X Men it appears that for the time peiods cited the market grew slightly and the 3 Series lost sales and market share to Audi and Mercedes who both showed significant gains while Infiniti was relatively stagnant, and in fact was down slightly,

In September 2007 the E90 3er had been on the market for 18 months, current C Class was in its first month on the market and the current A4 was still a year away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Interesting. From my 2000 test drives:

328i
Lexus IS300
A4
C

But ended up buying a '95 325i, which was even more fun when I test drove it.

don't remember driving any Nissan products.
From my recent drives at the BMW F30 Olympics driving event (street driving):

F30 -both models
Lexus IS250 - its motor and tranny are well mated and its V6 is better than Merc's or Audi's fours. I also prefer its front cabin.
C250
A4, fwd w/cvt - gawd awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukja View Post
Is it possible that, after 5 pages and 118 posts, we've finally arrived at the answer to the original question in this thread?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF02 View Post
My neighbor across the street who had a E46 330i, had gotten into an accident and totaled it. He came home with a brand new Infiniti G Sedan (non S).

I asked him why he jumped ship from BMW, he's the type that did all his own maintenance. He said they're too pricey for him, just thought I'd share since it seemed relevant to this thread...

I've seen the other threads about pricing historically being similar, yada yada yada. But truth be told, the car just came out, and a lot of the new ones on the lot are loaded up way above 45k+ range.

Chris
As soon as I read your first two sentences my thought was, "that was a money decision."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
The above only compared 4 models, the Lexus IS was not included. The Acura TL is also in this segment. Believe it or not, Buick Verano has done very well as a new entry, moving 4k to 5k units in the last months. Although not entirely a direct competitor, I think it had easily grabbed some market share from every entry above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I very seriously doubt the Buick Verano a FWD version of the Chevy Cruse is stealing sales from the German sport sedans? And while the TL is in the same price range it's no more a competitor to these cars than the Buick Regal. It may attract a few in this price range but it's in no way a direct competitor to the 3 series and it's ilk.
For a good number of buyers in this segment for whom fwd is not an issue the TL is a competitor, just as the fwd A4 is. There are a few buyers in this segment who find the Verano a pleasing choice. The styling is good, the price is good, fwd is not an issue for them, they like being a part of Buick's new direction and GM's recovery.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 10-04-2012 at 03:51 PM.