View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byork7 View Post
Just ordered a fuel pump, OEM of course. Next up will be the crankshaft sensor, possibly TPS as well. I just need to find the TPS sensor in my engine so i know for sure which one to get. Also, installed some new lift supports for my hood so it now stays open on its own (so nice to not have to prop it open). It idles rough sometimes, and i want to clean out the ICV. However, i am not 100% sure where it is. I am however 99% sure it is right in front of me, at the top of my engine. I looked in the bentley manual and couldnt find anything.

This is not my engine,but a pic i found on google of the same engine. Its the piece with two hoses, one going to the intake and the other going to the air box. Correct? If so, how do i get it off? Just pry it off like the hulk?
First, your TPS is directly under the throttle body. It has a 3-pin connector coming out of it.

Your ICV is circled below:

If there are no clamps then the hoses just pop off their barbs. BTW the other end connects to the intake boot, not the airbox.
Clean it out with carb cleaner. Let it soak for a couple mins. Make sure the vane inside rotates freely. Also check the Bentley manual for resistance specifications, the exact numbers escape me atm.

Last edited by paperplane94; 10-04-2012 at 10:17 PM.