View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'06 Saab 9-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
$30K sticker negotiated down to $23.5K? It would seem that a bunch of incentives applied and the car was sold under invoice. Typically on a $30K VW the invoice would be about $26,000 or so.

In any event, that was then and this is now. Right now I have seen VW lease "deals" of about $200 or so a month on a GOLF. Not a Jetta. Not a CC. A Golf.

And, no offense on the styling, but the CC reminds me of the Dodge Intrepid that I had as a company fleet vehicle for a few years;

As I said, styling is a personal and subjective thing but I think my new F30 spanks that kind of styling 10 ways from sunday.

Sorry, I rounded up

MSRP was something like $28,500 or so. It was during an employee pricing event.

A couple of months ago I was getting emails of 2-3 local VW dealers offering the CC for $229. VW's offer was $299, so it was being bettered at the dealer level.

Before the CC I had leaseda Jetta SE with a $21k sticker for $129 a month, again, about $100 less a month than the VW national campaign.

I see your Intrepid example and well, I am not going to whip out the E-pen as knowing better for coming from an car design back-ground, but it's a bit silly. In certain colors, if the architecture is the same(i.e, black FWD sedan) you can try and build a case that any car can look like or remind someone of another.

Fact is, the CC at launch was nearly universally heralded as a very clean, very appealing design.

Your opinion is valid, it's your own. But your dis-like of the CC's looks puts you in the minority.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@11-16lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: 6mt, SOLD

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt AERO+ TUNED

Last edited by Jamesonsviggen; 10-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.