View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Thanks for the advice!

Well this is first car that I've owned without dip stick.... so I proceeded with oil change like with just any other car. I never realized it will take time for the sensor to adjust. And I suppose i should be paying attention how much oil I'm putting in and what;s car's capacity.

Well bit of an update:
Last night I've decided that I will drain some of the oil as I needed the car to drive to work. Well I've underestimated how hot the oil will be. When i loosened the plug, I over did it and pulled it out, I had a hard time putting it back in and I even dropped it into the pan. Well all of the oil drained out. It was at 1 am... so I guess i'm not going to work.

In the am I bought more oil and put in approx 5.5 L the level was showing 3/4 full. But after driving for couple of km, the level dropped to just above min. I've added another 1L and sensor still showed just above min, but I went for a spin and after few kms, I turned the car off and restarted and when the level recalculated I'm at max! Perfect!

Wow... it was bit expensive oil change, but at least I have self satisfaction! Now I know exactly what the capacity is and I know to let the sensor some time to adjust and recalculate.

On a side note... I'm new to this site... but wow... I'm amazed with the amount of excellent info. I will be regular here now. :-)

Last edited by szymek; 10-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.