View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
The best time to buy a particular model is when it is ON SALE. That might be the last week of December ... Or not.

Typically dealers are willing to make the best deal right before sales support for that model and year ends. Once BMWFS ends sales support (low APR, subvented leases, OLP, option credits, etc.) its harder for them to find a buyer. Of course, that means buying a prior model year off the lot, and it may not have the colors and options you want.

Example: in September of 2011 there were some KILLER deals on leftover 5 GT launch cars. The two I looked at both had HUD but no NAV. Easy to see why they sat on the lot forever.

Sometimes BMWUSA is neck and neck with Audi and Mercedes, trying to be the #1 seller of German luxury cars. In those years (and 2012 may or may not be one of them), BMW corporate heavily subsidizes sales to SIB the sales crown.

One thing I've learned after 8 BMW's. There is ALWAYS some model on sale.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp
u r right on Quack
i agree totally!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps