View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 E36 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carenthusiast View Post
I agree with BRKF'S review fully.
I have a 2013 328i and even in Sport mode the steering feels vague and disconnected from the driver.
I am disappointed in my BMW.
To you, the OP, and anyone else who's disappointed the the level of feedback from the F30's steering, I'd suggest you look at what tires it has, and consider upgrading them. A lot of the tires BMW has been fitting, such as the Pirelli Cinturato P7 and the Goodyear EfficientGrip, are grand touring tires that are more geared toward fuel economy, rather than performance and offering good steering feedback. Consider this excerpt from a Car and Driver comparison with the F30:

"What we're left with is a 328i whose personality is less distinct than that of the car it replaces, and we'd grown to love the old personality. The 335i we tested last month wore sportier tires, and its steering, while still light, had more feel than the 328i's here. Tires more worthy of a sports sedan would go a long way to improving the 328i's chassis performance." Full comparo here for those who haven't seen it: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests

The 335i they're referring to had Bridgestone Potenza S001 tires, which is a Max performance summer tire. If you guys want more steering feel, I'd suggest upgrading to an even better max performance non-RFT tire such as Michelin pilot super sport or Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position. It's stupid that BMW is putting on crappy tires, but I think you'd be happier with your car after the upgrade.

Last edited by E36toF30; 10-04-2012 at 07:38 PM.