View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnorman View Post
I just purchased a Certified Preowned 2009 BMW X5 48i and have a couple of questions that the BMW owners manual didn't address.

1) My X5 has 3rd row seating and did not see the location of the spare tire. The manual picture of the location of the spare tire doesn't match up with the vehicle. Does it not come with the vehicle? The vehicle does have run flat tires.

2) The dealer strongly suggested using 91 octane fuel yet the manual says 87 octane could be used if there are not any performance issues, such as engine knocking. Anyone running 87 octane out there?
Congrats!

1) 3rd row cancels spare tire. Left with rft and possibly buying a can of fix a flat.
2) use 91 unless you cannot find 87. 91 is a must. If by any chance you have fuel issues in the future, BMW may use that against u. Do yourself a favor and purchase 91 enjoy the engine performance as it was designed and possible future hassle.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!