View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
Heck it still crushes the opponent like flies.

There isn't a single sedan out there that is faster in a straight line or around a track.

Not in the same price range there isn't.

Before anyone say anything about the Panamera, the GTS is way slower, and the Turbo S cost two times as much as M5. So that's that.

As for "soul" and "driving excitement"?
I'm sorry but BMW's M stands for Motorsports.
As long as M5 still crushes most other cars on a track, that's all I care.
The driving excitement is superb. Read the reviews of the forum members on M5 Post, and my own review. Nobody who is buying this car is getting bored. I have owned an E36 M3 coupe, and an E46 M3 cabrio, and I would still rate the M5 as the most exciting car I have owned by some margin.

But as amazingly exciting as this car is to drive hard on the limits and on the Alpine passes (I have driven 3 of these alpine passes in my M5), the livability of this car in comfort mode on the city streets is astonishing. No other car can accomplish this Jekyll and Hyde personality.

To reinforce Smashhell's point, look at the company this car keeps at the Green Hell track.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels