View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
- you dont have a sensor based pressure monitor, so you dont need to worry about that

- windshield replacement is about 4-500 out of pocket if you dont have glass coverage. I recently cracked my windshield and had OE saint gobain glass put in by safelite, perfect job.

- the dws is a fine choice. the bridgestone RE960AS rft is a 3rd generation runflat, reviews look stellar. rides like a go-flat with the rft capability. the dws probably has better snow performance though. check tirerack

-most of the low dust pads give up some bite. tirerack has a selection avail. i personally like the latest OEM compound, the pads on my 2010 barely dust and have almost the same bite as the ones on my 07

-coolant, just get a 1 gallon jug of bmw coolant and a 1 gallon jug of distilled water. cheaper than the premix.

Excellent, thanks. So no TPM inside my tires then, eh? I always thought they were a feature, hm. Color me stupid.
- EDIT: I should have known better, FTM's is what the 06 E90 has. I'm looking at getting it mounted/balanced at Townfair Tire here in NH, but I need an Alignment as well...wondering if I should let these guys do that as well or if I should head to the dealer/an indy for that...

I think my deductible is like $200 or something, still need to call and figure everything out. I just want to make sure it won't leak or anything, everyone's telling me to get OEM/Pilkington and all that.

Will check out the OEM pads...if you say they've been improved that much.

The coolant solution sounds solid to me, I think I'll do the mixing myself to save myself a few bucks.

I think I may do a brake fluid flush as well...

Last edited by BiHoTTo115; 10-05-2012 at 08:21 AM.