View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Holden Wagon & Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donm View Post
No hole kit is $75 and the fee after remediation is $25, less than the fee for ignoring the citation. Get the no hole kit for the "I'm soooo sorry" visit with the arresting officer and put the plate and mount back in the trunk! You get 5 passes for the price of ignoring the issue and paying $200.

Regards,
Very logical thought process

In Iowa it's an $80 non-moving violation that isn't a fix-it.

I get one every couple years in one of my vehicles (only thing that has a front plate over the past 10 years has been my trucks and that's only because the plate mounts are usually standard in the bumper).

Last couple pull overs were solely because of front plate, on the last one I tried to ask the Highway Patrol officer why my motorcycle didn't have to have front plates... he replied back "because the law says a motorcylce doesn't need front plates".... thanks genius.

I don't mind paying the fine but the fact that I don't speed and am a very cautious driver and still get pulled over for asthetic reasons only pisses me off. There are lots of terrible drivers out there endangering other folks on the road, my lack of a front plate will never ever harm anyone else or their property.

Jay