View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Thanks. I understand this and it and the ZVP was instrumental in my decision. Prior to my 2011 I leased a 2008 E90 with ZPP. I was a bit green on how to negotiate a BMW lease and paid too much for that car. I set a budget and my next car had to fit that budget whether it was a BMW or something else like a CC of GTI. Fortunately the ZVP came out just in time and I was able to end up in a new 3 series at the price I wanted to pay. I sacrificed the sunroof (not an issue at all) and the power memory seats (I miss these a lot) and folding and dipping mirrors to stay in a BMW.

Next time around this may not be feasible thus the interest in a CC or maybe even an X1 if I like how it drives. Lack of a MT may eliminate this car although the CC has the same issue but with a DCT which mitigates the problem somewhat. So maybe with a relatively tight budget for a car, F30 pricing may have cost BMW sales.
I only drive manuals and walked away with a 6mt CC. Options are still shuffled around keeping manuals only in certain cars, but the base CC with a manual is pretty loaded. I prefer the leather-ette in the CC to BMW. I got a solid lease deal in early '09 when they were new and bought out the car and had it CPO'd so I had a longer warranty. You will not want a CC out of warranty.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1