Thread: 0-60
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton2718 View Post
i know the 325i is slow and you all say theres no point in modding it but i wanna get my 0-60 down to at least somewhere in the sixes from the seven it is, which mods increase acceleration, at least a bit, and whats the fastest 0-60 you've all gotten on your 325i's? i know fast bob will be here shortly to criticize me, and someones gonna say search it in google, oh and im not talking about hp or torque gains, but im sure some mods come with it
Here`s the deal:

Your car is probably putting down right around 150 HP *to the wheels*....not bad, but not earth-shattering, either. You would probably need another 25 or so RWHP to consistently run mid-to-high 6s in the zero-to-sixty sprint, and as previously mentioned by the astute veteran `festers, the most effective solutions would be the combination of a 3.46 rear gear, eBay headers, and a free-flow exhaust system. Since excess weight is MUCH more detrimental to a low-horsepower car, it would behoove you to remove your jack, spare tire, tools, floor mats, CDs, spare change, etc..
All of the above would enhance your quest for a low E.T.

Which brings us to the issue of Driver Input:
Since a *lot* depends on this, you`ll need to play with tire pressures, launch techniques, shift points, etc.

Ultimately, you can *probably* achieve your goal.....

(or you can buy a 330i )

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....