View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ns2ls View Post
I browsed around on some other forums. Someone mentioned they had this issue, but it resolved itself after lowering/raising the driver window. Sure enough I did this and now the locks work. The post said something about a ZVM module fault possibly to blame.
For the future, Fudman's excellent door lock actuator DIY is here:
- How to properly maintain a door lock (1) & a DIY for how to replace the front lock door actuator (1) & how to disable automatic door locks (1) (2)

For the record, looooong ago my passenger side door lock actuator was intermittent. maybe one in twenty all-door locks failed. I'd have to physically look to see if the door lock actually locked whenever I left the bimmer in a parking lot. I brought it to the dealership, under original factory warranty, and they had trouble finding the error - but eventually replaced the passenger door lock actuator (as far as I can recall).

Never happened since.