View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
If fast ring times equals "awesome car" to you then the M5 is perfect for you.
To me and others that have our doubts, ring times means nothing more than that it's a very powerful and very fast car. Fast does not equal overall awesome to us. I've owned cars that were multiples more fun than my F10 was even if the F10 would have lapped them within three laps at the ring. My 4-speed 110 hp 4 banger fwd Golf GTI Mk1 comes to mind. There is so much more than outright speed that makes up the fun to drive factor for some of us and I' have my doubts that the new M5 will tick many boxes for me outside raw power and speed.

I suspect that for drivers who love the non M F10s the M5 is the ultimate car but for us who don't it's probably not going to feel all that awesome and this test review make my doubts stronger.
Honestly if a Golf GTI Mk1 is an awesome car to you then we have nothing in common. I drove that a few times back in the UK and thought it was a POS.

The M5 drives nothing like a 550i M-Sport for what it matters. You seem to prefer reading reviews to driving cars and making your own opinion.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 10-05-2012 at 03:04 PM.