Thread: Z4 Roadster (E85) Head lamp washer caps
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E86 Z4 M Coupe 7LM08376
I've never seen a North American spec Z4M without the headlight washer system. The body color cap is attached to the high pressure nozzle which is found inside the front bumper cover. According to the TIS you pull up on the cap and this action pulls up the nozzle shaft. Hold the shaft extended and gently pull the cap off the top of the nozzle. One issue with this system is that when activated the body color cap goes flying off into the weeds never to be found again. While cap only costs $21.21 MSRP it must be painted body color which costs a lot more
If your Z4M doesn't have the nozzle assemble then a previous owner may have removed it. The Z4M head light washers are virtually useless so many of us deactivate them by disconnecting the pump and/or removing the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosby68 View Post
2006 BMW Z4 M ROADSTER

Does anyone know how to install the caps for the head lamp washer holes (51 11 7 078 261 & 51 11 7 078 262)? I just bought a 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster with out them. I bought the caps and thought they would just snap in, but they do not. The car does not look like it had head lamp washers.
Thanks,