View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Nope, rather be outdated 1 upgrade, not 2. This new version of idrive is the first full refresh to the system since 2008 by the way.
ACTUALLY - Its not. Their is another upgrade in the pipe for touch and hand writing recognition. Could be the 7 and the 5 are testing grounds prior to going into the other lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Yeah, but the cats out of the bag as the new version is in the 5 and 7 series on dealer lots now. And I might be wrong, but it's the same upgrade across the model range so the 6 team should not have to do much - just install the new hardware on the line.
I look at it this way - the newest hardware/tech should go into the line top down. 6 & 7 series first, 1 series last.
There a lot of factors other factors including production numbers, interfaces with stereos etc. And you are entitled to your opinion but that has not been the case in many automakers.

Anyway this thread has gotten WAAAAY off track.

Jon - thanks for the finance info. I sign next week and can't wait for my short but awesome ED trip.

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.