View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluTricolor View Post
ard - I kept thinking that when we were at the salesman's desk, searching through their database of all cars in Florida or in transit from Germany, narrowing down options. They sent us home with a few cut sheets of 328i's and X1's either in stock, in transit, or in production. We never said a definitive "yes, this is the one" about any while at the dealership.

I didn't see the point of discussing pricing if we were unable to find a vehicle that fits our checklist. They do know I am not keen on ordering a specific, spec'd car, but will do it if necessary to get what we want. Nothing against ordering (we intend on doing such next year), but right now it would not work well with our schedule. Of course we did our own research and viewed inventory of other local BMW dealers, but nothing matched close enough to consider (looking beyond the wrong color and other basic items). Even this one isn't perfect, but the small details which we do not prefer can be overlooked. Using that to our advantage during negotiations, naturally.

Going to Carmax today. One more piece of paper to add to the folder, but likely time well spent.

Then why did you give them a deposit? I know the area quite well (not the name) Negotiate the price even if you have to order it. Do it up front. if they're not willing to quote you a price, then just tell them they are not serious about turning your business and go with another dealer. Just because you're in South Florida doesn't mean you have to buy from a dealer in South Florida

Also contact the SE bimmerfest sponsor, and get him to quote the car. Don't do anything until you know exactly what they wants to sell you the car for and you have done your research on whether or not it's a good deal.

By the way, your deposit is fully refundable. Don't let them tell you otherwise.