View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Can you guys help me understand why you bought your cars after a thorough test drive? Genuinely curious what it was that fooled you, so I can look out for that...
I drove the F30 6 times before pulling the trigger. The competition didn't win me over and after two e90s I knew I wasn't going back to the that model. Up next were 535i manuals and GTIs/Golf-Rs. The 535s felt too big after a few drives. The GTI/Golf-R had the best shot as new vehicles but my last few Audi/VW products went south so fast I felt like it'd be crazy to take that leap again. Still I do like something so much about the size and zip of the GTI. Just not the FWD (or the AWD of the Golf-R).

So I settled into trying to find a ZHP. Eventually it became clear I couldn't find a ZHP locally for a price I felt was acceptable (about 15-18k) given I'd have plenty of immediate fixes to do on one. Buying used means being patient and trying to avoid a money pit. It just never panned out over and over.

So it really came down to deciding what was most important for me: RWD, manual, 4 doors and something with a sporty-feel. With all the competition disqualified, I settled on the 3. It'll do. Not in love but after 5 weeks it's an acceptable car.