View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdiesel View Post
+1 to dunderhi's post. And if you can then till more BMW diesels are launched.
I thought i should sell mine too since i lost my bachelorhood recently and am actively looking to get a place of my own but at same time diesels resale is not high as i expected. its as much as normal e90 and mine is paid off and only expense I have in future is gas and some maintenance.
I'd thought if/when more diesels are launched it will actually hurt our already lower than expected resale values. I am probably jaded on this though because I have had my car for three years and for over two of those I have wanted to sell it. Initially I got in my head I should wait for the Eco credits on new ones to go away but it took the model car to go away for the credits to be gone. Then I started looking to trade in and discovered it just was worth a lot less than I thought it would be. So to this day it rests in my garage and is used only when we need a second car to drive.

To the OP though if you no longer will need a commuter car and that is the cars very purpose then I say sell it. It is only going to devalue with more time and if you have no need for it then why lose more and more money on it.