View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 750i
Love my 750i but a few things I like better in my Corvette

Love my 750i but there are a few things I like better in my Corvette. Though minor, a few electronic features in the Corvette are superior and causing a bit of frustration with the new 750i.

In the Corvette, I push the start button to turn off the engine (just like the BMW). When I open the door and exit, the radio\entertainment system turns off, I close the door and walk away and the doors automatically lock after a few seconds.

With the BMW, my wife and I find ourselves doing the same routine that has been ingrained over the last three years with the Corvette. Worst case is the radio stays on (unless I press the start button twice), but more importantly the car remains unlocked. It seems superfluous to hold the door handle an extra second for it to lock. Why isn't this automatic like the Corvette?.

Other small issues: Why is the door lock and unlock switch in the middle of the dash? Is far more convenient to have that switch on each door. Also, it is my opinion that the cabin trunk release switch placement is very poor and inconvenient.

Other than that, it is a fantastic automobile!
Advertisement