View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm View Post
I doubt its an anti-piracy thing, since people ripping rented videos aren't generally going to care that the audio isn't absolutely the best. Also, a true pirate would buy the high-end blu-ray and then make copies off that.
This makes sense to me. My first suspicion is that tiny amount of money per disc they need to pay to DTS/Dolby. I once read the figure, this is so out of my butt (so ignore it) but I want to say something like 30 cents per. That is probably an extraordinarily incorrect figure, but I had to blurt it out, I thought I may have read that recently.

Quote:
It'd be s so they can generate more video sales to the people with high-end audio systems, figuring that those people more willing to pay the extra money. I, like most people, don't have a high-end audio system hooked up to my 1080p tv, so the video quality is the most important thing.
But then you kind of lost me there. Anyway, I don't know what you consider high-end to be, but I'm just about positive you could easily tell the difference between DD and lossless with very affordable speakers, like this pair at $84 bucks, designed by Andrew Jones.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-82117406-L0I