View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM
ZHP = Patlabor
Mein Auto: Mini Clubmn,Odyssey,Miata
Originally Posted by airboy86 View Post
I've had the FSD on stock springs (ZHP) for the last 2ish years and logged 50k ish miles. They've been reasonably comfortable although with a bit more body roll than I'd like. However, lately they've started to feel quite loose and floaty and unpredictable body movements over uneven roads. I really expected them to last longer...

One complaint is how they react when there are wavy sections on the road--car tends to float a bit. The pavement is still smooth, so I really expect to be firm.

They do perform as advertised. I think with the eibach pro-kit and a sway bar kit, it'll be just right. I drive clients around a lot and if I can get some plush without the body-roll, that would hit the spot.

I think I am due for a new set soon. Not sure how to invoke the Koni warranty...
Hotchkis sways are your solution for the body roll. I've had my Koni yellows + Hotchkis sways for 2 years and 54k without much body roll + very flat rotation. Just test drove a stock E46 M3 ZCP with SMG II and I felt that suspension (which is the best for a stock setup) was less precise and rolled more compared to my current setup.

Last edited by av98; 10-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.