View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
After I have the car for about a month or two I will post pros and cons as I see them. Do the same, many people here would be very interested in what you have to say because you are one of the very few that has "lived" with both the F30 328i and soon with the 335i. My perspective will not count for much because lets face it the N52 is no where near the engine the N20 is.
Def will do. I must say the N20 is really a fine little engine. Certainly underrated by BMW. I would say this engine is sufficient for 95%+ of drivers. The fuel efficiceny is really something that is amazing. my 23 mile ride to work is about 20% city and 80% highway, i drive it in eco pro and avg 38mpg.

My only experience in the N55 is a loaner 335 convertible, which really is not the best way to test it imo. But from what people say about it it has less lag than the N54(which hardly had any) and better efficiceny, so im looking forward to experience it. Even if the N20 is stressed(18psi) it doesnt feel it and pulls real nice up to about 5500 where it starts to lose steam.

And i agree about the N52, N20 is def an improvement on the N52 imo.