View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere1130 View Post
Thanks! I have my map set as you suggested, birds eye and zoom-wise. I don't think I can get the directions in the instrument cluster-- seems to only be mpg/cruising miles/average speed.

Yeah, might be an F30-only view at this point because the F30 has a lot more real estate in its instrument cluster display.

I know you like the full-screen map view, but for the 10% of the time that you're actually navigating somewhere new, the split-screen with the arrows and lane assist aren't that invasive. I know that standalone GPS units give you the full screen until the very last moment, but I find that the 70/30 split screen gives me the best of both worlds. I can see the birds-eye big picture of where I'm headed and then a closeup of the very next turn. Since I listen to the iPod most of the time, I like the fact that the LP art swaps out to arrow view and then lane assist view when needed.

Doesn't help you presently, but in your next 3 Series you can get the head-up display which is exactly what you're looking for. You can keep the map full-screen and get both the arrow view and lane assist view hovering over the end of your hood.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®