View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluTricolor View Post
We're now down to $450 over invoice, 599 doc fees, no prep fees, and the state fees for tag/title/etc (at actual cost per DMV website). Trade offer still 500 less than carmax, but has the convenience of transferring tags (saving $$) if trade done with the dealer. .00135 MF (I believe, getting a breakdown sheet showing this today), 62% residual, $18 down payment (to bring payments down, dropping security deposits to next-lowest $50 tier), 7 MSD, no paint and leather protection, no extended service protections, no underbody coating, but including a full tank of gas ...the finance manager's "great deals" all to be declined. Sound appropriate? This is for a 36mo/30,000mi lease. Credit approved at super elite tier, for what it's worth.

German Expat - You have me curious on the "full 4 points + 200$ for that." line. I haven't leased a vehicle before...just following the advice and stickies on the Bimmerfest forums. I'm afraid to hear the backlash on the $18 down payment...but honestly, we know to usually put nothing down. This dealer has no problem with the zero cap cost reduction, but informed me only 1 out of 100 clients do a lease with those terms.
That is looking better, but that doc fee is still killing me... Lol

Couple of things...

1. Did you check with Adrian?

2. I do not believe you can transfer an owned tag to a lease vehicle. This is because in a lease vehicle you are not really the owner. BMWFS is the owner which is why they can force you to take on higher insurance coverage 100/300 as opposed to when you own 10/25.

3. Acquisition fee should be $750, although they will sometimes try and mark it up. Don't let them.

4. On the subject of trading in, the benefit of trade in is usually the tax savings. Since you are taking the cash and applying it to MSD (the dealer is buying the car) then there really is no benefit to giving it to he dealer. Other than the 4 weeks... Lol

Btw, which dealer is this... South?