View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Xwen View Post
After reading several threads I get the impression that most folks special order their 5 series to get exactly what they want.

I have never special ordered a car, always found something that best met my requirements on the dealers lot and negotiated from there.

How many folks special ordered their 5 series, and how many bought from dealer inventory?

What percentage of total buyers do you thing special order?
It may be true that many buyers who frequent this forum special ordered, because forum participants are probably more picky than the average BMW buyer. However, this picky buyer bought from dealer inventory because they had exactly the options that I wanted. No more, no less. Things like nappa leather or specific color combinations generally require ordering from factory. It also depends on how much patience one has. Once I have decided to buy (after many, many months of research and test driving) it would be hard to order a car and then wait 8+ weeks.