View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E34/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
We can only do 2 wheel alignments on the E34. The rear wheels are dead. But its a good idea to get their camber readings read, recorded and checked against the bentley manual for correctness. Alot of people here have lowered suspensions and its good to check since readings for lowered suspensions are stated in the manual as well.
While the only adjustment on (non-M) E34's is the front toe, a 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT can produce specs to tell if your rear bushing are worn/bent/out of spec...and the 4 corner reflectors make sure the whole body is square for the toe adjustment. I wouldn't pay much more than $50 for this service, but I do appreciate the extra effort on my alignment guy's part just to make sure it's perfect. My alignment guy also let ME sit in the driver's seat as he did the alignment and properly weighted the other seats. This is important (weighting the car during alignment)

PS-the alignment spec for 'lowered cars' in the manual is for Mtech and ///M5 suspension. If you are lower than Mtech, different settings may be required.

Last edited by MeanM50; 10-07-2012 at 09:11 AM.