View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Originally Posted by whiteonredM6 View Post
How do you like your Porsche compare to BMWs you have owned in the past?
I just got out of my 7 considering a Panamera.
I'm thoroughly enjoying my Panamera. I am not a gearhead, per se, but I know what I like. I knew I wanted the xDrive 750i when I first saw the F01/02, and it turned out being the best BMW for had all the power I needed ( the M6's was great but mostly went to waste) and the comfort and looks of the car were off the chart IMO. So, no negatives whatsoever regarding the 7 Series for me. However, I've been attracted to the Panamera ever since one pulled away from me, like I was standing still, one early morning on the Beltway. Good looks is a subjective thing, and I've always considered the Pana as uniquely good-looking. Mine is the 4S, which means that it's an all-wheel-drive V8; it has the Chrono Package which, in addition to launch control, gives it 3 combinations of power, shift, and suspension settings. People who've previously rode in my 7 commented that there is no comparison to the comfort and accommodations of the Pana...although I still regard the front seats of the 7 (mine had the premium seats) as the best I've experienced. Also, for what it's worth, the V8 in the Pana is 400 HP and normally aspirated.
2015 Porsche 911 GTS
2012 Mini CooperS convertible; 2015 M235i convertible

Past BMWs: `05 645CiC; `07 650i; `08 M6 convertible; '08 135i; `11 750ix MSport

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"