View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E34/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
Point taken about the 4 wheels, but could you elaborate how a 4 wheel job will reveal if the rear suspension bushings are out of whack, and if so, will it identify which ones are off specifically ?
It won't necessarily diagnose WHAT parts are bad...but it WOULD tell you that the rear is out of adjustment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
And how does sitting in the car affect alignment (please share)? Wasn't that a requirement published at the time when laser computer alignment machines were not available and less accurate stuff was used ? Is it required now with modern technology ?
You CAN align a car without weights...but if BMW suggests it, I listen almost 100% of the time. You aren't smarter than the engineers at multi-million dollar car company.

Here is some info for you to read which describes exactly what I'm talking about.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=527028

I will admit my source is Dinan as well...as I have the original alignment sheet from the Stage 2 suspension on my car (done at the Dinan facilities in Cali) and when I was looking at it, I started wondering things myself...so I researched...