View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: E34/5
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
Point taken about the 4 wheels, but could you elaborate how a 4 wheel job will reveal if the rear suspension bushings are out of whack, and if so, will it identify which ones are off specifically ?
It won't necessarily diagnose WHAT parts are bad...but it WOULD tell you that the rear is out of adjustment...

Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
And how does sitting in the car affect alignment (please share)? Wasn't that a requirement published at the time when laser computer alignment machines were not available and less accurate stuff was used ? Is it required now with modern technology ?
You CAN align a car without weights...but if BMW suggests it, I listen almost 100% of the time. You aren't smarter than the engineers at multi-million dollar car company.

Here is some info for you to read which describes exactly what I'm talking about.

I will admit my source is Dinan as I have the original alignment sheet from the Stage 2 suspension on my car (done at the Dinan facilities in Cali) and when I was looking at it, I started wondering things I researched...