View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:59 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Other than your opinion what empirical evidence to you have that BMW has done "nothing but go downhill" since 2006?
I don't think they've gone downhill, I think they've gone "upmarket". IMO they simply decided that their target customer cared less about DIY's than the "BMW Experience" of scheduling appointments for service and spending some time at the lush dealerships. There is an exclusivity in that treatment, one the newport smoking housewives and CEO types like. Smart move for BMW, and their sales prove it to be working. From that regard our Goverment Motors brands could learn a valuable lesson in being profitable.

Unfortunately for me, the "common" man with a less than common wallet, I am excluded. BMW went mainstream with the 3'er and 5'er and left the production of "drivers cars" to the ///M division. Now you have to pony up some serious cash to play with the big boys.

For me (call me Joe the Plumber), I will be content in my ZHP which is still the best non-M drivers car IMO, and wait till my kids graduate college. Maybe then I'll be able to afford a used E92 M3 or even find a mint E46 M3. OR, maybe I'll buy a used Shelby Mustang. Who knows.

We as "enthusiasts" tend to forget that what we want and what sells cars are two different things. BMW has to make a profit, and I applaud them for doing so, even if it hurts my feelings.

Check out my YouTube Channel for DIY's and other fun stuff HERE
Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....