View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Mein Auto: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post
I am the original owner of a 2002 BMW 330i and I need to order new struts/shocks. I special ordered this car from my dealer. I really wanted the two door model but to keep peace with the family I ordered a four door model with 5 speed manual transmission. I also ordered the the cold weather, premium and sport packages - which I thought included sport suspension. I still have the detailed window sticker that was on the car at delivery and it clearly lists my packages and under the "Standard Features" heading it lists among other items:

"Strut-type front sport suspension with forged aluminum lower arms" and
"Multi-link rear sport suspension with cast aluminum upper transverse arms"

I want to make sure I order the correct struts for my car since sport and standard are different lenghts. To verify that I have the sport suspension I had my dealership review my VIN (WBAEV53402KM02124) as well as a few parts suppliers. To my surprise all stated that I had the standard suspension. So between the window sticker listing and the VIN, I don't know what type of suspension I have. Short of taking my car to the dealer, is there any way to visually confirm that I have standard vs. sport suspension?
Ride height is one way. Also looking at the shock body and getting the part # will tell you.

There are other things too, but they don't always tell the tale. Round airbag steering wheel is one way to tell as is sport seats and the 5 spoke ///M badged wheels.

Check out my YouTube Channel for DIY's and other fun stuff HERE
Check out my BMWBLOG!
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....