View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
The visibility on both sides of it is meaningless because the view to the sides is of the dashboard. Visibility over the top of it is about equal and neither of them block the view of the road ahead. On both designs you are going to have to take your eyes off the road ahead and the slight hight of the screen on the F30 is not going to change that fact.

CA
I disagree. The positioning and the visibility do make a significant difference in the amount of concentration required to view the screen. The new screen positioning allows the driver much improved use of his peripheral vision when looking toward the screen. For use as a navigation screen in cars that do not have the Technology package it is much better than the previous design. It is much easier, more natural, and less distracting to look at.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **