View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
GODSPD

Mein Auto: SSII E90 ///M, AW E92 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice415 View Post
Wow, where does engine vacuum come from? I only do this day in day out for a living at a dealership. Yes you are right that the flap is meant for noise reduction. But how about you take a look at documentation on when and why the flap would open. So your tellin me that if you induce a vacuum leak it wont throw a code or cause a lean mixture issue? How about you test that theory and leave your oil filler cap off or disconnect a vacuum line under the hood. Vacuum is created by the engine with low pressure differential. With N54's there is a vacuum pump since adequate vacuum cant be established at higher rpms. Do a few drive cycles and let me know what you find.
Wrong vacuum location. There's a vacuum-operated flap in the left-rear exhaust pipe just aft of the muffler. Has absolutely zero effect on engine back pressure or vacuum. Don't overheat there, buddy.

But hey, congratulations on flippin' your lid over trying to argue over the internet. Next time try getting the right subject, though, eh lad?

e90m / ssii / foxred / nochrome
wedssport sa-55m 19x9.5 et24 square / kwv3 / 15mm rear spacer
full challenge exhaust

WHEELS FOR SALE