View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Xwen View Post
After reading several threads I get the impression that most folks special order their 5 series to get exactly what they want.

I have never special ordered a car, always found something that best met my requirements on the dealers lot and negotiated from there.

How many folks special ordered their 5 series, and how many bought from dealer inventory?

What percentage of total buyers do you thing special order?
I have a strong preference for ordering because like another poster mentioned - I want it exactly like i want it. An extra option here or there, or minus an option here of there and it really bugs me down the line. Also when you get a deal at X over invoice, then it does not make sense not do so since the price is the same.

As someone mentioned, most dealers have the ability to adjust something that is already coming in so not necessarily an 8 week wait. If you can swing an ED - I recommend it. Even if its only a short trip - you can save thousands, and get exactly what you want. (the ride on the autobahn is nice bonus )