View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtaggert View Post
So please enlighten me, I've been waiting 2 years to hear this. Tell us this impeccable rating system that led you to buy an F10 and then decide some months later that it failed you?
It wasn't complicated. I was shopping for a new mid-size sedan. I liked both my E39 and my E60 ( and the three other BMWs I owned in the past ) so I ordered the F10 on faith before you could drive one. I had gotten an offer on a new car too good to refuse from my dealer after they accidently damaged my E60 while at service. The F10 turned out to be a disappoinment to me of all the reasons we've discussed before. It was not related to the issues that luckily turned my car into a lemon. BMW was great in the procces and was eager to provide me with a car to my liking which they successfully did. And I never looked at ring times or any other M3 stats to decide it was a car for me, since it really doesn't matter.

Sorry to disappoint if you were looking for some elaborate system with formulas etc. The car needs to feel right that's about it in a nutshell. I.e a fully subjective scale with no place for track times. That's why peoples subjective input is more interresting to me as this insideline reviewer than a table of ring times.

Last edited by solstice; 10-07-2012 at 10:06 PM.