Thread: 0-60
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heztheone View Post
car performance in real life is totally different than what u read on papers, all drivers should know that. these numbers should only be a reference not a fact, cuz coming down to business everything changes.
i drove my friend's 325 M/T that was well maintained, and another 330 A/T that was also well maintained. don't get too caught up on numbers, the 330 would have the edge by almost half a car length (which is very considerable being an A/T with somewhat a slow launch from a standing still), and the distance grows onward as soon as they hit 3rd
The numbers quoted by testing agencies, are far more accurate than you and your friends joy-riding against each other. I agree, there are many factors to be considered. Perhaps a better driver than you would have bested the 330 auto in the 325i?

Sounds like the 1/2 car length advantage of the 330 is right in line with the tested speeds that show it .15 second faster than the 325MT so not sure what your point is. IMHO a 1/2 car length advantage 0-60 is something that in the real world could be overcome by driving skill.

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim