View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 AM

Mein Auto: '98 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavoerod View Post
I own an 06 e60 530i, my car is equipped with the same lights but I only have 2 not 3 lights and the colors for the lights are blue. This is a built in radar detector, at least in my car that is what this is, the light on the right will flash when it detected a radar in front of the car, the one on the left will flash if it detected it behind the car, the system comes with its own remote controller and you can use it to adjust it from city mode to highway mode or you can choose the sound between voice, lights, beeps, loud or soft. I do not know of any other way to use it unless you have the remote. Hope this helps.
Gustavoerod - Your assessment is probably correct as it makes sense with the intermittant nature of the left light, which is why I wasn't leaning toward an alarm. I would love to know what it would take to get my hands on the remote for this option. Were you able to program the light on the right to NOT blink every 3 seconds and only blink when there is radar activity, or is this just the way the system alerts you that it is functioning?

Thanks so much for this response! I will have to borrow a friend's radar detector and see how it matches what the lights are telling me.