Thread: 550x vs Audi S6
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
We have to remember that a "lightly optioned" 550 is just that. When most cars costing $30,000 or more have heated seats standard, they are still an option on a near $70,000 BMW. And ventilated seats in a 5 series cost a small fortune because you have to have both Comfort and Luxury seat options in a 5 series to get ventilated seats. Same with keyless systems - standard in damn near anything over $30k, but optional even on a 5 series.

Option the cars the same and I'd bet the S6 competes very closely in price to a 550.
Sticker Prices will still be less on the BMW. My well-loaded 550i M-Sport that I ordered has all major options except ARS, Active Steering, Heads-Up, Nappa Leather and Active Cruise Control. I think the MSPR was $73k plus the cost of the carbon fiber rear spoiler(and paint). I paid invoice plus $1,000-$1,000 BMW loyalty. When I checked the A6 about a year ago it was priced just a bit less when well optioned and the SoCal Dealers all wanted sticker. To me the Audi looked much cheaper.

Further, by adding ACS Springs, Dinan S2, HRE 20" P40 SC Brushed Clear Wheels and M5 Grills, I do not think that an S6 would be a step up. RS6 perhaps, but that will likely be very expensive and I really do not have any need or AWD.