View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelmotox View Post
I have the 750 with the sport package 20's.. My michelin stockers are worn out and trying to decide on some good tires. Debating on the Continential ContactExtreme DW or the Bridgestone S-04 Poles.. Any thoughts?

Thanks all!
Both tires are very good tires, but at the end of the day it's the subtle differences that can make or break the tire for you.

The DW has some softer sidewalls that will give you a MUCH more comfortable ride than the S-04s. The trade off is that the handling precision is slightly muted compared to the S-04s. Does it make a difference in every day driving as I've seen, the comfort yes, the precision not so much. Does the difference arise in VERY spirited driving, a little bit.

The S-04 has a lower UTQG rating than the DW, in essence meaning that the mileage you may get out of the tire MAY be lower.

Like I said before, the difference is in the nitty gritty and both tires are amazing. If you demand the utmost performance you can get, go with the S-04's. If you want a very well rounded tire, go with the DW.