Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 1991 750il
I need help!

Hi. I have owned my 1991 750il for over 3 years. Not much trouble with it. I love my car! I am not rich! In the spring it started throwing a "trans program" msg, along with going into some kind of safe mode where i couldn't go over 5 mph. No signs, no weird noises, just boom, wont run. My battery died and I charged it up, started up the car and it ran fine for a few weeks. Then it threw that msg again and i couldn't drive it. I unhooked the battery overnight and hooked it up the next day. Ran fine for a month. Threw the msg again, unhooked the battery again. It has ran fantastically all summer. No problems what so ever! Then this morning i am taking my kids to school, luckily it did it in the first block. I unhooked the battery again. It's still out there with the battery unhooked. I don't know what to do. I am going to school and cannot have this happen when I'm on the freeway or something with my kids! What do I do?? I cannot take it to a dealership to have the code ran because when i do that thing with the battery, it resets it. No code to run. I cannot drive it to a shop when it is in that mode, cuz i can't get it there. What do I do??
Ads by Google