View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by riksut View Post
I never understood why people care so much what these car reviews say. Test drive the car and decide for yourself if you like it or not, you're the one who's gonna be driving it, what anyone else says about how it drives is irrelevant.
I find reviews valuable since these guys spend quite a bit of time and miles with the cars, far more than I can do in a test drive. I try to read as many as I can since it gives me an idea of things to pay attention to. Especially if there are areas they complain about that is part of my primary criterias in a car. Sure there is a risk that you will over emphasize issue but rather that than being disappointed a few days or weeks into ownership of things a short "unprepared" test drive fail to reveal. Where these test means squat is if you own the car already an love it. Then it's totally irrelevant what someone else thinks, likewise if you test the car and disgaree with the reviewer after having checked out the complaints. My experience is that reviewers are far more forgiving than I am and that the few complaints they have more often than not have merit.

Last edited by solstice; 10-08-2012 at 06:03 PM.