View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e39 530i e28 535is(Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitemyst View Post
I actually sent a email to ddm regarding their hid kits and headlights a while ago but still havent heard back. not a good sign for their customer service department so far lol.

It would really nice to have a good warranty in case something goes wrong with the angel eyes like ive heard from the posts ive read.
DDM's reputation seems to be very low prices, but very slow or non existent customer service. Their prices may be hard to beat on certain items, but the quality and customer service might not always be as great as the prices. If you are looking for good customer service DDM, might not be the route to go. But there are people who are very happy with items they get from DDM and if low prices are your top priority then DDM may work out. I personally don;t have any experience with DDM so this i all based on what I have read.

In response to someone saying Umnitza's rep being shaky I will say the following. In my experience with them they have been very helpful and responsive. Even based on some of the complaints people against them it seems they try and work with people. Whether the response always satisfies the person and whether they really addressed the issue well is really hard to tell as only those two parties involved really know what went down in any given situation and its hard to know what really happened unless you were a fly on the wall.

I think someone else mentioned this, but people seem to say the projectors in standard DJ autos are supposedly not so great. I would agree with aspensilver540 in saying that people who are extremely happy with their DJ autos are people who get the upgraded Umnitza lights. If you are really going for great light output, I think Umnitza modded DJ autos, you modding your own DJ autos, or OEM xenon hellas (stock or projector swapped) are going to give the the best lighting performance. So unless you find some good deals locally or on ebay you are probably going to have a pay to get the best lighting performance.

I am not sure if this is an isolated case or indicative of aftermarket headlights, but based on the comments in the thread below aftermarket lights might not always be plug and play. There may be some tinkering/adjusting involved. I am not saying don't get aftermarket lights, just that it might not be smooth sailing. So if you can't deal with some tinkering you may not want to go that route.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1900818

Last edited by Solo12; 10-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.